Wash day: Relaxer prep...finally!


I actually got to 14 weeks post relaxer purposelessly: I planned to relax at 12 weeks, but due to the breakage I was experiencing I did not want to risk applying a relaxer and experiencing even more breakage. I can safely say that breakage over the past few days has decreased alot, although there are still those 3/4 hairs that I see on my pillow after I moisture & seal... I am ready to relax my hair this weekend!

This is how the past wash day went:


0.) Detangled and Pre-pood for an hour by: 
  • scalp massaging with my cast of oil mix
  • applying coconut oil to the length of my hair and detangling in six sections
  • applying ORS Hair Mayonnaise (Protein DC) and sitting under my hooded dryer for 30 minutes 

1.) Shampoo'd with 
  • Clarifier: ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo (lathered once) 
  • CON Argan Oil Moisture & Shine Shampoo (lathered once)

2.) Towel dried for about 10 minutes before applying tea to my scalp (peppermint+green+black tea) & my deep conditioner: Aunt Jackie's Oh So Moisturizing Deep Conditioning Treatment. My room smelt like a super strong lavender perfume for the larger part of the evening! The scent is way too strong, I won't be using it again as a DC - perhaps as a pre-poo mixed with other stuff to lighten the scent...

3.) DC'd under my hooded dryer for 30 minutes

4.) Rinsed out the DC, my hair was feeling soft and moisturized up to 2 days after I washed my hair.

5.) Towel dried until my hair was 80% dry. Sectioned into 6, detangled, and then applied my leave-ins: L-ApHogee Green Tea & Keratin Restructurizer + L-Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Split End Protector  + C- Shea butter.


6.) Plaited 6 twists and flung on my wig the next day, the amount of growth is not making it so pleasant to style my hair. 




How was your wash day ladies? How do you prep for your relaxer day?

Ready, Steady, Grow It!


The Wash Day Experience

8 comments

  1. That's a lot of new growth! Are you using any hair vitamins?

    All the best for your relaxer! Can't wait to see the results.

    Lungi @ HHDC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lungi, my last relaxer was really under processed, so it's actually normal amount of growth if you take that into account. I have been using groganics Hair vitamins, I've noticed spurts of growth but nothing so much to write home about... The relaxer results will tell if my growth has been more than the average 1/2 inch per month :-)

      Delete
  2. You've got tons of new growth. Looking forward to your relaxer results

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tomi! It's 4 months of new growth + 4 months extremely under processed hair from my last relaxer

      Delete
  3. You have so much new growth! I feel you about styling being a challenge with so much new growth, all the best with your relaxer this weekend looking forward to seeing the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lydz! Will post the results, can't wait!

      Delete
  4. I'm really looking forward to your results. I usually do a protein treatment before my relaxers. Do you do your own relaxers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my second relaxer since I started my healthy hair journey, will post updates on how it went :-)

      Delete

Back to Top