New product buys: August, September, October, November 2015

I haven't done such a post in a while. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing, but I can safely say that I have not bought much during this period...

New buys for August to date:


1.) African Pride Olive Miracle Moisturizing Lotion

2.) Shea Moisture Extra Transitioning Milk
3.) ORS Glossing Hair Polisher
4.) IC Fantasia Heat Protector & Strengthening Serum
5.) Argan Oil Hydrating Silk Shine Mist
6.) Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray
7.) Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Moisture Mist
8.) Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
9.) As I am Coconut CoWash (has finally arrived in Kenya)
10.) Mane 'n Tail Detangler
11.) Perm rods (5 packs of 12 each)
12.) Curlformers pack extra long size
13.) ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner (replacement)
14.) Creme of Nature Argan Oil Moisture & Shine Shampoo (replacement)



Special mention to Shea Moisture Extra Moisturizing Transitioning Milk, I am almost halfway the bottle and it has been about 6 weeks since I got this product, but I have really liked it for my new growth.


So that brings me to an average of about 4 products per month, which is almost within my budget. Given that some of them are once-off products I am also happy with my progress in managing my hair stash size.


Here are some empties for the same period


1.) Tresemme Luxurious Moisture conditioner (not replacing)

2.) Aussie Miracle Moist Conditioner (not replacing)
2.) ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner (replaced)
3.) Creme of Nature Argan Oil Moisture & Shine Shampoo (replaced)
4.) Olive oil (replacing soon)
5.) Keracare Humecto (replacing soon, after I finish 1 or more conditioners)

I am thinking of getting a stand-up rack so that I can see it grow or shrink, coz my products are in 3 different places and its hard to track progress in managing the stash size...



How do you manage your product stash?

4 comments

  1. I am actually not managing well my product stash, I think I go with the flow of how my hair likes the products I bought so far. I bought Aussie last year and never replaced it since I didn't notice any benefit on my hair.

    For my New Years Resolution I want to stick to what really works, which means I must stop being a PJ. lol

    https://lauralivll.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck reducing your stash Lebogang! Although sometimes you may need to try a few different products before finding what works

      Delete
  2. I so want to try the Shea Moisture products, how much do they cost in Nairobi?
    Why are you not replacing the Aussi Miracle Moist, I used it 2 years ago - I actually nearly bought it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lungi, most of the Shea Moisture products are priced at 18 USD here in Nairobi. I think they import them in bulk at a discounted price, because the prices are similar to Amazon.uk prices.

      I bought the purple range of Aussie Moist Conditioners, so I did not see a need to buy this one again, as the purple range works very well on my hair. Not to say that this one is bad, it is a decent conditioner, but not as good as the purple range...

      Delete

Back to Top