Product Update

Empty Products:
I have used up so many deep conditioners, thanks to my new growth that uses up a lot of conditioner. These are just a few of the bottles that I have used up over the last month:




Replacing:
Coconut oil - use it almost every week!
Creme of Nature Intensive Conditioning Treatment - easy to find and works well 
ORS Replenishing Conditioner - easy to find and is awesome on my hair

Not replacing:
Shea Moisture Hold & Shine Mist - ok, not awesome, and a bit pricey
Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner - not available around
Silk Dreams Vannila Silk Cream Moisture Dream Conditioner - not available around
Silk Dreams Mocha Silk Infusion Deep Conditioner - not available aroun
Hairveda Sitrinillah Conditioner - not available around
Mane 'n Tail Deep Moisturizing Conditioner - went bad and didn't do much for my hair on its own
Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner - worked well on my hair but had a terribly strong scent.


And just like that, I can count on no more than 2 hands the number of deep conditioners that I have left in my house! It feels so good to have a few products. And it really helps to weed out the bad ones, as I have been continuously using one product until it gets finished. This way I know which products have worked. 

New Products:
I cannot believe how three months away from a Beauty Supply Store can bring such a transformation in terms of the new product ranges that are now available in Kenya! I went to Super Cosmetics this weekend and found the following new product ranges:
- Shea Moisture - fruity product line
- Giovanni
- Eden Body Works
- ORS Shealicious natural hair products
- Creme of Nature natural hair products
- As I am full product range, and many more

Since I haven't bought/ replaced my used up conditioners as yet, I decided to give Eden Body Works a try (cost 13$). I have heard so many good things about this product line.

I have also been looking for a good leave-in conditioner. For some reason, the Kurlee Belle Leave-in Conditioner is a hit or miss, on some of my wash days. I am still trying to figure out why. I came across the Jamaican Mango & Lime Leave-In Conditioner which is paraben, sulphate and mineral oil free and also very pocket friendly (cost 8$). I will try this conditioner for a few wash days, and see whether I get good and consistent results.

 

Have you used any of these new products/ product lines and how did you feel about them?



5 comments

  1. Well done on keeping your stash to a minimum. I now buy after I have finished the products I have so that I get to now more of which products my hair likes and dislikes.

    https://naturallykinkyme.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the way to go Lebo! Less is more sometimes and it applies very much to this hair journey :-)

      Delete
  2. You guys have such good product lines on the shelves, that is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks Lungi! I think the natural hair movement is the main reason for this influx in great products

      Delete
  3. How did you like using the silk dreams products.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top