Product Review: OGX Anti-Breakage Serum


Price:
+/- 5 USD 

Purchased at: amazon.co.uk

Size: 118ml/ 4 oz

Promises: Our weightless blend of coconut oil and silk will wrap a fragrant layer of protection around each strand, so your hair is ready for the wear and tear of daily styling.

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Dimethiconol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Albumen, Silk Amino Acids, Fragrance (Parfum).

Directions: Apply a small amount of Coconut Milk Anto-Breakage Serum to palm, rub hands together, then apply evenly to surface of damp, (towel dried) hair working through ends.

My review

Pros:
- it smells heavenly, like a toffee! The fragrance is not overbearing, just the right balance.
- the bottle comes with a pump, which is just great because I only need 2 pumps if my hair does not have much growth, and 4 pumps when it has lots of growth. This also helps to use the product economically.
- It has strengthening properties in the protein ingredient, so it helps strengthen the hair and can be useful before using direct heat on your hair.
- It is a lightweight oil so its great to use after washing your hair when it is still slightly damp, no risk of hair being weighed down.

Cons:
- I have tried using it during the week as a sealant on dry hair, but I did not feel like it was sufficient to protect my hair. Anyway the directions state that it should be used on damp hair, so I didn't expect it to work the same as when I use it on damp hair.

Overall I give this product a 8/10. It lives up to the few promises made, i.e. weightless and protection against wear and tear during styling. I still have some breakage when I comb out my hair after applying my sealing my hair with this serum so I wouldn't say that it completely prevents breakage but it does a good job protecting my ends.

I have used it on every wash day since I purchased it, so it has its place in my regimen!

Have you used OGX Anti-Breakage Serum and how did you find it?

2 comments

  1. Great review dear! I haven't used this but I've seen only good reviews on it... Will definitely try it out in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith you'll like it :-) only that it works best for me only after washing my hair

      Delete

Back to Top