DIY Hair Butter Inspired by KLP @SavingourStrands

Since I started following KLP, I don't think she has missed a wash day without using her DIY butter, I thought I would give it a try. It was really fun making it, it felt like I was making custard, and looks almost like it as well!

Ingredients I used (A third of KLP's original recipe, which made about 250g of the butter):
76g (1/3 cup) Shea Butter
76g (1/3 cup) Mango Butter
76g (1/3 cup) Cocoa Butter
1/3 tbsp castor oil
43g (1/6 cup) almond oil
43g (1/6 cup) coconut oil
43g (1/6 cup) EcoStyler Gel (I didn't have Aloe vera Gel, so I used this one as a substitute)

The process:
Results:

The butter hardened once it cooled down, but once you rub it in your hands it melts very fast. The butter has the cocoa butter scent, which is the strongest scent of all the butters in this mix. I love the scent of cocoa butter, so I did not add tangerine and vanilla infused oil like the recipe suggested.

I have been using it to seal my hair after moisturizing, it melts like butter into my hair lol, obviously! My new growth especially loves it because of how it softens it easily.

Be inspired to make your own butter, and you can use it for your skin especially during dry winters. Here is the original recipe from KLP's blog.

6 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Haha it looks like custard or melted ice cream :-)

      Delete
  2. It looks good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omgosh! I'm so happy that you tried the recipe and made it your own!! Girl...you know that I love me some butter!

    Thanks for sharing!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KLP now I know why you love your butter so much!

      Delete

Back to Top