Wash day: Braid take-up & take-down

Sooo I decided to put in twists last weekend, and this past weekend I removed them lol! After 1 week, the braids felt dry and I knew my hair was also dry despite the fact that I moisturized my braids a few times during the week. Secondly, I noticed that some of my hair and partcularly my ends were sticking out of the braids which I DID NOT LIKE.. any tips on how to completely hide the ends in the braids would be highly appreciated!

Anyway, true to my suspicions my hair was dry and hence I experienced some breakage. So I amped up my moisture levels in this wash day.

1.) Pre-poo: Coconut oil & Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor for 20 minutes.
2.) Shampoo: Creme of Nature Moisturizing Shampoo
3.) Condition: Aussie 3-minute miracle moist (will do a separate post on my new buys for the month, Aussie products are now in Kenya woop woop!)
4.) Deep Condition: Neutrogena Triple Moisture Mask for 30 minutes (another new buy, and I was totally not disappointed. My hair minus my new growth is still feeling soft).


5.) Leave-ins: 
- Kinky Curly Knot Today for my growth and the knots that came from it,
- Aphogee Green Tea & Keratin Rectructurizer & 
- Herbal Essences Split End Protector for my ends & OGX Anti-breakage coconut serum for sealing.
6.) I was inspired by Nerline of Chic from Hair to Toe to copy recreate this style, I have been taking it down every other day to moisturize my new growth It's not as neat as hers, but I am working on making it look better. I also applied some Eco Styler gel (another new buy) to keep my hair neat and laid down, I must say that I am liking Eco Styler Gel a lot.

Any new product tries this week, and any tips on how to keep ends completely protected when in braids?

Hope you had a great wash day this week! Head on to saving our strands or just grow already to join in the wash day experience!

Ready, Steady, Grow It!

The Wash Day Experience

8 comments

  1. I love the top bun!! I think I might give it a go sometime. thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wende! It's super easy to do, just watch a few YouTube videos if unsure :-)

      Delete
  2. I love the bun too, it matches your hair very well.

    About the hair sticking out the braids, I know that a lot of braiders usually snip off all the exposed hair - which I don't think is a good idea. I don't know of any way to totally make sure that the hair doesn't stick out.

    BTW, I didn't know that Neutrogena had hair products as well. Did you buy it in Kenya?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Lungi! That's so bad of stylists to do a random cut on your hair to 'neaten' the braids, I never thought that they were actually cutting the hair.
      Yess apparently they have a range of hair products which also took me by surprise. I saw a shampoo and split end repairer, but I was only interested in the mask. Yep bought the Neutrogena at a supermarket here in Kenya, similar to a pick n pay in SA

      Delete
  3. I love the Neutrogena DC but the amount you get for the price is just not worth it for me. I'll prob get 2 uses out of it but its amazing. You could prob try misting your hair light with your fav leave in or rinse out conditioner diluted with water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip Tomi! Yes it is expensive I agree with you, but I'm going to try and get 4-5 uses out of it by mixing with another good and cheaper moisturising conditioner.

      Delete
    2. I totally agree with Tomi! That jar is sooooooooo small! I liked the scent and it worked okay but I barely got 2 uses out of it!

      Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

      KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

      Delete

Back to Top