Product Review: Pura Body Naturals MuruMuru Moisture Milk


Ready, Steady, Grow It!

Price: +/- 18 USD  

Purchased at: Sizzelle Online Store

Size: 8 oz

Promises: "Murumuru Butter is grown in the depths of the Amazon and has been known for its anti-inflammatory and bactericide properties. Its rich oleic acid content promotes nutrition and moisture to skin and hair. Murumuru acts as an excellent emolient and its natural gloss brings a desirable shine to dry, damaged hair. It's specifically useful for people of all ethnicities with kinky, curly, or wavy hair because of its emolient abilities to increase manageability. This product can be applied to chemically processed hair as well to increase moisture content and sheen."

Ingredients: water, murumuru butter, BTMS (behentrimonium sulfate and cetearyl alcohol), castor bean oil, palm oil, avocado oil, chamomile extract, vitamin E, phenoxyethanol, capryl glycol (paraben and formaldehyde free preservative), fragrance and/or essential oil.


Directions: MuruMuru Moisture is a lightweight water based moisturizer which can be used as a daily moisturizer for those in need of  moisture and sheen. It can also be used a leave-in conditioner to moisture and help maintain soft healthy hair.

My review


Pros:

- It moisturizes my new growth! I know this sounds like something that every moisturizer does, but this one is on another level. It is one of the reasons why I have been able to go on a long relaxer stretch with little difficulty from managing new growth.

- Ingredients are naturalista friendly: Yes paraben free, mineral oil free, etc etc

- It smells amazing! The vanilla scent makes me want to eat it, it smells like a dessert lol. The scent is not overbearing it just has the right balance.

- It has good slip: I find is easy to work through my new growth with this product because as I apply it, the growth softens fast.

- Smooth results: I use it in the evenings before I cross wrap my hair, and the next day my hair is almost always feeling smooth.

- A little goes a long way: I started off with the 2 oz sample, just to see if it was worth purchasing. I used the 2 oz sample for about 2 months, so if my maths is correct, a 80z bottle should last me about 8 months :-))



Cons:

- It is thick in consistency so sometimes it is hard to get out of the bottle (my bottle is the squeeze one, not the pump bottle I see on their website)

- Because of its consistency I do not see myself using this moisturizer during the first 8 weeks after relaxing my hair - I think it will weigh down my hair a lot, so I will keep using Hairveda Satin Tea Moisturizer during that time. I also do not see myself using it as a leave-in conditioner as indicated in the directions due to its thickness.

Overall I give this product a 10/10, Love it!


Have you used MMMM before?

2 comments

  1. Nice review. How do you moisturize your new growth? How do you compare it with the Hairveda?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Uzo! I literally part my hair into 4 sections and then part each section into smaller sections and directly apply and massage a little moisturiser into my new growth. It takes me about 30 minutes to do this but it's the only way I can keep my new growth manageable. I like both moisturisers, Hairveda is abit too light for my new growth but MMMM is too heavy early after relaxing my hair. So I would rate MMMM slightly higher than Hairveda but each moisturiser serves a different purpose for me :-) hope this helps.

      Delete

Back to Top