Product Review: Eden Body Works Jojoba Monoi Conditioner




Hello dear ones, I haven't done a review in ages, so I thought I would share my experience of a new product that I have tried.

Eden Body Works products are now available in Super Cosmetic Stores in Nairobi, which is totally awesome. I read so many reviews about these products and I longed for the day that they would be easily available where I live. And the day came..

Price: Ksh 1,295/ $13

Purchased at: Super Cosmetics, Westlands

Promises: JOJOBA Natural Deep Conditioner strengthens hair through its botanical combination of Coconut, Jojoba, and Monoi. Formulated to replenish hair strength and restore hair's natural beauty from over processing, damage, and dryness. Fortified to balance the hair's moisture level, resulting in stronger, healthier, more manageable hair. Excellent deep conditioner for all textures and hair types.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Coco Nut Oil, Tiare Flower, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-11, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Anthemis Nobilis (Camomile) Flower Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor)Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol , Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid

Directions: Apply to clean, wet hair. Comb through for thorough distribution. Leave in for 15-30 minutes. Rinse and style as usual. For more intense conditioning, use with he

My review: I have used this deep conditioner before I relaxed my hair and afterwards when I had no new growth. So I have the benefit of giving my experiences when I had 7 months of new growth vs. when I had fully texlaxed hair.

I am not sure where the "monoi" in the name comes from, because it does not appear in the ingredients list, but if you have an idea, please share the info.

What I liked
The scent: If you have read a few posts of mine, you will know that I absolutely loathe any heavy prefumey scents on my hair. So I definitely sniffed this one before I bought it, and I liked it. It is not a heavy scent although it does linger a tad bit after rinsing it out. It smells like coconut and a herb (tea tree I guess, judging from the ingredients list).

The penetration: I liked that upon applying it to my hair, it sank right into my strands. I may have been a bit heavy handed during some applications, but it was still ok, because it did not sit on top of my hair.

The results: My hair came out smooth on all tries. It did feel a bit dry after a few days, but I cannot say that this was due to the conditioner. I liked that my hair also felt soft to touch after air-drying, and I also like that I could get 4-5 applications for each tub. So it is economical for me

The ingredients: I liked that it was free of all the baddies as we would say, i.e. no parabens, no sulfates. It contains fatty alcohols (Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol) which helps give that moisturizing effect.


What I did not like
Consistency: It is quite thick, and the minute I opened it, its consistency reminded me of emulsifying ointment. I noticed that this ingredient was not listed in the ingredients list, but there is probably something else that is a wax-like ingredient.

The good thing about thick conditioners is that they last longer, despite the difficulty of applying at times.

Overall, I liked this product and I am keeping it in my regimen for as long as it is easily available in Kenya. I noticed that there was a hair masque as well from Eden Body Works, and I am interested in finding out more about this product. I give it a 4/5, and would recommend it if you are looking for a moisturizing conditioner.


2 comments

  1. daniel@mail.postmanllc.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very good, but look at the information at this address. jojoba oil

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top