Rice Water Challenge: 3 months



Hi healthy hair fam! A further update to my plan over the next 3 months:

I have experimented with a mild version of rice water over the last 2 weeks, and the results have been really good! I thought that rice water works for naturalistas only, but after seeing @itsmellabella's video on her rice water experience, as well as the convincing from my friend to try it out, I decided to give it a go!

Besides losing much less hair on wash days from shedding and breakage, my hair feels stronger and balanced. To be honest, I have not seen a length improvement, and I measured my hair before the start of the challenge. I will do a one-month check-in to see if there has been any length, like all the rave reviews that I have seen on the benefits of rice water.

Currently I am using a very mild form of rice water, as my hair is protein sensitive and I do not want to try anything that will make it overly loaded with protein. I suggest that you try a mild version of rice water before using the more potent fermented forms of rice water:

With 1/2 cup of rice, I:

1) Rinse the rice from the starch and pour out the water
2) Add 1 cup of distilled/ purified water to the washed rice and leave it to soak for 6 hours
3) Strain the rice and pour the water into a bottle
4) Add a drop of peppermint/ eucalyptus oil to avoid the ricey scent of the rice water
5) Keep refrigerated and spray onto hair until damp (NOT wet), focusing on scalp every day.
6) Keep the rice water for 7 days and make a new batch after the 7 days has passed.

I started my challenge two weeks ago, so I plan on ending it on 20th September, in line with the other hair challenge that I am participating in (see previous post).

Let me know what you think about rice water. Have you used it before? What were your results?

No comments

Back to Top