Product review: Mizani H20 Intensive Night Time Treatment



Price: 2850 KES/ 25 USD  

Purchased at: Super Cosmetics, Nairobi City Centre

Size: 142g

Promises:

"A 'dermatologist tested' night-time treatment with Shea Butter, Vitamin A derivative, Vitamin E, Pro Vitamin B5 and patented ceramide strengthening technology designed to increase hair strength, reduce the formation of split ends, enhance moisture retention, control dryness and frizz without weighing the hair down. This concentrated crème dramatically strengthens & conditions as part of your night time regimen."

Ingredients:

Aqua/Water, Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Petrolatum, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, Paraffin, Ceteareth-20, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Parfum / Fragrance, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Triethanolamine, Ethylparaben, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Laureth-4, Propylene Glycol, Laureth-23, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Coumarin, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Linalool, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil / Sunflower Seed Oil, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Chamomilla Recutita Extract/Matricaria Flower Extract.

Directions:

Use at night, 2 to 3 times per week, as needed. Apply a small amount into hands and massage through hair.

My review:

I have been using this product for about two months. It has a unique smell, but not overpowering and it does not linger, which is great. This product has a creamy consistency and is white in color.

I only use it twice a week and not more often, because of 1) the instructions on the product and 2) it has mineral oil as second ingredient.
My hair really loves this product and always feels moisturized after using this product. I usually cross-wrap my hair at night after using this product, and the next morning my hair is soft and without frizz. 

However, it does not do as good a job on my new growth, my new growth is usually as dry as it was before I applied the product.

Overall I like the fact that it does moisturize my hair, my new growth is just very difficult to keep soft so I am still on the lookout for a good product for it.

Also, a little goes a long way so I will probably have this tub for another 6 months.

My rating: 4

Rating scale:

1/5 - Never again!
2/5 - Below par, not for my hair
3/5 - mehh, might try it again to be sure its really not good
4/5 - like it, good buy
5/5 - when am i going to buy the next one!! need to stock up for dayzzz

No comments

Back to Top