It's a New Year. With New Goals. 2016


This will be my second year on this healthy hair journey. I must say that I have learnt so much over the past year, and I am ready to have another successful year. Although I achieved 60% last year, I think I would have achieved more if I specified my goals in a different way. So this year I will not be as rigid as I was last year in putting down my hopes for the  year.


1. Maintain healthy & thick ends
I will continue with my current regimen for hair thickness, which is:
- To take hair vitamins at least once every other day
- To do a scalp massage with Jamaican Black Castor Oil every other day

2. Do long-term protective styles for at least half of the year. 
I achieved this last year, and I am hoping to take the long-term protective styling up a notch this year. My aim is to do long-term protective styles for at least 4 weeks at a time. This has really helped me to retain length.

3. Reach Bra-strap Length
This was my goal last year, but I guess I may have been a bit unrealistic. More than anything I wanted to prove to myself that I could grow and retain length, and I did. 

4. Continue with relaxer stretches, for at least 16 weeks at a time
I am currently on a stretch that has lasted 24 weeks so far. My mind is going crazy with all the maintenance that I have to do, so I do not think that 6 months stretches are the right thing for me to do. I will probably keep to a 16-20 week limit on any stretch this year.


5. Participate in at least 2 hair challenges this year 
I will continue with the hair challenges that I participated in last year, namely: Kibibi Facebook Group challenges, Naija Hair Can Grow 6-inch challenge and Hairlista Castor Oil Challenges. 

6. Drink at least 1 litre of water a day
I might get an app to track my intake, but I tend to forget to update it. I will just carry my water bottle daily and make sure I finish it before I get home.

7. Revamp my blog
I want to change it up a bit but I am still figuring out what to change. I am hoping to be more consistent with the quality of the photos and fonts. One of the bloggers that I follow suggested that I use pic monkey, which I am still learning. Canva is also a nice online design program that I have discovered. Hopefully I will move the blog to a .com address as well.

8. Post at least 4 blog posts per month
There are weeks when I get busy so it will be safer for me to use a monthly target here than a weekly one.

9. Exercise at least 3 times a week
This is tied to some other goals for the year, but I guess it is still important for healthy hair

10. Reduce my stash!!
I am very committed to this goal.I will do a detailed post soon to show my progress in managing my stash.

With the right attitude, discipline and commitment, anything is possible!


5 comments

  1. That's the beauty of a blog to hold us accountable for our actions. I know you will attain all of your goals for 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your 2016 goals, I have a few similar goals to you around my blog and hair challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Decluttering my stash was absolutely the hardest thing that I've had to do in my hhj, but the results have been phenomenal! What I was most surprised by was how long it actually took me to do it: AN ENTIRE YEAR! Crazy right?

    You've got a great plan here chica! I definitely believe that you'll hit your targets!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Actually it's not that crazy, especially with deep conditioners. On average, one would do about 50-60 DC sessions over the year, and if 1 product takes about 4 uses to get finished you would only use up 15 Deep conditioner bottles/tubs a year!

      Thanks KLP for the blog love and well wishes!

      Delete

Back to Top