Wash day: Semi-dry wrap

First wash day of the year, and if things keep going like this I will be a happy chappy for the rest of the year :)

My hair was in calabar braids and I had my wig on for the week, just to get a break from my hair and also for my hair to get a break from me. Last week's ordeal where I lost more than usual amount of hair due to the strong tea rinse is what made me wear my wig on top of the braids.


My hair was the softest it has ever been since I relaxed and flat ironed it. Winner: semi-dry wrap! 

1. Pre-poo'd with Tressemme ultra rich moisturising conditioner for 1 hour.

2. Shampoo with Creme of Nature Moisture & Shine Shampoo. Note that my hair was still in braids when I shampood.

3. Sprayed my hair with tea using my spray bottle: green tea and peppermint tea. Winner!! Because I sprayed directly to my scalp, my hair did not have to feel the wrath of hardening from black tea. This is definitely how I'll be doing my tea rinses going forward. And that's why I love hair journeys, everyone's journey is different so finding out what works for your hair is what the hair journey is all about :)

4. Rinsed the tea out of my hair and applied conditioner on the strands, to soften the hair. Rinsed it out and towel dried for 10 minutes.

5. Applied Doo Gro conditioner.
It has a nice smell but I think it's abit strong, felt like gagging a tad bit after applying it. Applied EVOO on top of the conditioner and then removed my braids and detangled. 

I feel like I lost much less hair when I detangled at this point - I may be de tangling after applying DC from now on. Used the plastic bag method and left the DC on my hair for about an hour.

6. Rinsed it out with cold water and R-shirt dried for 10 minutes (less than usual because I wanted to try the semi-dry wrap. My hair felt good so I'm happy with this conditioner for now. However

7. Applied 1 leave-in today (sorry the cantu shea butter somehow sneaked into the picture of the casting crew of today's wash day): Elasta QP H2 leave-in conditioner.

8. Applied ORS wrap/set mousse. Wrapped my hair, which was now almost wet again.

9. Coverd it with my silk scarf, it took about 2 hours to dry...

10. Applied EVOO after 1 hour when my hair was abit dry. It made it soo soft and easy to comb out.

                           

Gosh so many discoveries today and I'm grateful that I'm starting the year on such a high note. My hair has not looked better since my last relaxer day... Thank God, I'm looking forward to the next wash day...

                        


The Wash Day Experience

8 comments

  1. Your hair looks good, Rebecca! I tried a black tea rinse once and it really hardened my hair, too. It scared me out of trying tea rinses again. But the green tea and peppermint tea on the scalp sounds like a winner! Glad you had an awesome wash day, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Miss Dre! Just trying to grow it now... Try using a spray bottle directly to your scalp :)

      Delete
  2. Your hair looks awesome - really soft-looking! I'm glad you found a moderation to tea rinses that works well for you, yayness! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice discovery with the tea rinse! I haven't tried black tea but the green tea works fine on my hair so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome I think black tea has more caffeine, probably why it's more hardening than green tea :)

      Delete
  4. When I first starting tea rinsing, I had the same exact problem chica! I started applying the rinse using I a narrow tip applicator bottle focusing on my scalp and it's worked like a charm. Keep tweaking your technique---you'll figure out what works best for you.

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you KLP :) never thought of applicator bottle, will def try it soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top