No Frills, No Fuss! Wash day

So last week's wash day was too eventful, this week I decided to keep it simple, really simple!


1) Pre-poo'd/Conditioned (this was done in 1 step today) with my deep conditioners mixed with a few tablespoons of castor oil. Covered my hair with a deep conditioning cap and kept it in for an hour.

2) Washed the conditioner out with cool water and t-shirt dried for about 30 minutes

3) Detangled and applied my leave-ins: today I tried Mega Growth leave-in and sprayed very little of ApHogee Keratin Green Tea & Restructurizer, as it is a relatively medium strength protein leave-in conditioner. The Mega Growth leave-in is more of a moisturizing leave-in than a protein leave-in in my view, and that is why I used it with the ApHogee leave-in.It also smells much better for me than Cantu Shea Butter leave-in conditioner. But I still need a very moisturizing leave-in conditioner, especially for my new growth.

I then sealed with Olive Oil.

4) Next day I applied Elasta QP and sealed with Olive Oil, the hair beyond the dermacation line felt strong but smooth. The new growth + the ridiculously unprocessed growth from my previous relaxer, ehh, I realised I have not been moisturizing it properly. I moisturized almost every strand today, by applying the moisturizer as I was doing twists. 

Three days later, I had finished box braiding my hair on top of the twists I had done (I will write a separate post about my braids). I am very happy that my hair is getting a well deserved break for now, but I am still continuing with my regimen as usual...



Definitely need to do a proper wash next week, but I am happy with this week's results. Hope you had a lovely wash day ladies? :)



The Wash Day Experience

5 comments

  1. I love how your wash day was very simple! Now that I am almost 6 months post relaxer, my new growth vs relaxed ends have a major difference. My ends feel rough while my new growth is very moisturized even when I shampoo and condition. How long are you keeping your braids in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamara! Please share your secret as to how you keep your new growth so moisturized! Are you transitioning to natural?

      I want to keep my braids in for 6 weeks, I'll try to baby them so that they remain neat for that long. Also trying to do a 16 week stretch...
      ReplyDelete

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! A wash day with styling in stages, because it can be a lot of work at times to get it done all in one day. Your Box braids look awesome! Woot woot! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachie! Yep first time to do these braids on my own but it was totally worth it :)

      Delete

Back to Top