Product review: Creme of Nature vs. Keracare Sulphate-free Shampoos

I have been meaning to do these reviews for a while since these are the most frequently used products in my product stash. Anyway, better late than never...

Prices
Creme of Nature: 800 KES (+/- 8.50 USD)
Keracare: 1850 KES (+/- 20 USD)

Sizes
Creme of Nature: 12 oz.
Keracare: 8 oz.

Purchased at 
Super Cosmetics Store, Nairobi

Promises

Creme of Nature: "Sulfate-free moisture and shine shampoo is a sulfate-free formula that hydrates hair and adds exotic shine, while gently cleansing without harsh moisture stripping agents. It strengthens hair while optimizing the moisture balance of the hair and scalp."

Keracare: "Gently cleanses hair and scalp while neem leaf extract helps eliminate scalp bacteria leaving hair healthier. Shikakai proteins naturally moisturize and nourish the hair and scalp. Amla extract plus Argan and Abyssinian oils add natural shine to the hair."

Directions

Creme of Nature: Apply a generous amount to wet hair and massage into lather. Rinse thoroughly and repeat. Follow with Creme of Nature with Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment. Tip:Combine a small amount of Oil Treatment with the Moisture & Shine Shampoo for increased moisture supply to damaged, dehydrated hair.

Keracare: Wet hair thoroughly. Rub a generous amount between palms and distribute throughout hair. Lather product throughout hair and massage into scalp.  Gently detangle hair with a wide-tooth comb and leave lather on 3-5 minutes to eliminate shedding scalp debris. Rinse well. Repeat when necessary to remove excessive product build-up. Follow with Natural Textures Leave-In Conditioner.

Ingredients

Creme of Nature: 
Aqua, Trideceth-7, Carboxylic Acid, Decyl Glucoside, Glycol Stearate, Polyquarternium-10, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Quaternium-15, Perfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, CI 14700(Red4), CI19140(Yellow 5).

Keracare: 
Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificato, Purified) Extracts: Azadirachta Indica (Neem)1, Phyllanthus Emblica (Amla)1, Acacia Concinna (Shikakai)1, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol2, Cetyl Alcohol2, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Polyquaternium-37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Glycerin1, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil1, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil1, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil1, Poyquaternium-10, Piroctone Olamine, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Benzoate.

My review

Price: Creme of Nature is definitely cheaper, the question is whether it is good value for money..
Winner: Creme of Nature

Ingredients: As you can see Keracare does not have any of the ingredients that most naturalistas stay away from. Creme of Nature does have parabens, although they are quite far down the list. Keracare also shows its pH level which is awesome if you are trying to use specific products with a specific pH to maintain the right pH balance in your hair.
Winner: Keracare

Cleansing power: With Creme of Nature, I feel that my hair is cleansed well despite the fact that its a sulphate-free shampoo. It also lathers which is a plus (although I think it's just psychological to associate lather with cleansing power).

Keracare does not produce any lather no matter how much I put in my hair. However, if i leave it on my scalp for a few minutes, I do feel that my scalp has been cleansed and my hair is still feeling very soft. But I do not feel that it removes product buildup as well as Creme of Nature.
Winner: Creme of Nature

User-friendliness: Both shampoos are thick in consistency but I have a harder time trying to get the Keracare shampoo out of the bottle.
Winner: none

Promises made: Creme of Nature definitely delivers on its promises. My hair always feels softer and easier to manage after using this shampoo. My hair also feels clean afterwards, but after towel drying for a few minutes the softness does fade.

Keracare on the other hand delivers on the moisture from the moisturizing proteins. My hair feels soft even after towel drying for a few minutes. My only issue with this product is that my hair does feel a tad oily after using it, and my scalp does not feel as clean as when I use Creme of Nature. I have tested this by slightly scraping my scalp with my finger after using the shampoo and there was still some product buildup on my scalp.

Overall Winner: I prefer Creme of Nature because cleansing ability with minimal harsh chemicals is more important to me than a shampoo that moisturizes more than it cleanses.

Have you used any or both of these products? Which one is your favourite?



3 comments

  1. Great comparison, I've never used the karacare shampoo but I didn't much care for that particular creme of nature shampoo, I never got the results everyone claims, I much preferred the one in the green bottle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Candice I totally know that feeling, it happenned to me when I used ORS olive oil relaxer, my hair was not the least relaxed, it was totally a waste of money and I felt so bad knowing that probably 90% of relaxed hair bloggers swear by this product!

      I would liken keracare to a co-wash if you are into co-washing you might like it.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top