Product Review: Hairveda Nourishing Red Tea Satin Moisturizer






Price: +/- 12.5 USD  

Purchased at: Sizzelle Online Store

Size: 354ml

Promises:

Red Tea Moisturizer is our newest blend. Rich with argan oil and rooibos tea, Red Tea moisturizer is sure to please. Red tea moisturizes all hairtypes effortlessly adding a satiny feel and softens throughout the day. 
  • Handwhipped
  • Made to Order
  • Curly Friendly
  • Types 3 & 4
  • Halal
  • Moisturizing
Ingredients:

Water Aqua, African Red Bush (Rooibos Tea), Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Nut Oil, Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu) Seed Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil, Lauryl Laurate, Olive Fruit Oil, Hydrogenated Castor oil, Beeswax, Emulsifying wax (Ceteareth 20), Carnauba Wax, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Pomegranate Extract, Capsicum annum (Paprika) powder, Candelilla Wax, Paraben-free Preservative, Phthalate-free Fragrance. 

Directions:

Pump a small amount and apply to wet or dry hair. Use daily for added moisture, softness and shine. Use before braiding and twisting. Do not use with a flatiron or curling iron.


Pros:


I have used this product for about 4 weeks now, and I must say that it has bumped my previous moisturizer Elasta QP out of the park! It is a really good moisturizer with benefits from the herb and natural oil extracts. For me, the main benefit is the fact that it does not sit on my hair, but actually penetrates it, although this process takes a few minutes to overnight.


It has a rooibos mixed with herb type of scent, but the scent is light which is awesome. I can hardly smell it on my hair after applying it.

It has a medium consistency, and applying it to my hair has been very easy.

It does take about an hour to overnight before I can feel the softness that they promise, but it does come around in the end. I have seen best results when I moisturize with this product at night and seal with shea butter afterwards.

The moisturizer comes with a pump, which is awesome because you can measure the amount you use daily and stick with the same amount every time. Plus, I think it also helps to make a little go a long way, I feel like I am much more conscious as to the amount I am using when I am pumping it out of a product than when I have to turn it upside down and squeeze it out lol!

Cons:

The moisture retention does not stay for long, as I usually have to moisturize my hair daily. However, it is abit hot where I live, so this could have an impact on my hair's moisture retention regardless of which product I would use. 

I am not sure which ingredient it is, but there are times when my ends feel straw-like at the end of the day. There does not seem to be any protein in this product, but it could be the rooibos tea that causes this effect. However, this has not caused any breakage so for me it is not a deal breaker.

I have used it on wet hair as well, but I do not get the moisture retention that I get when I use it on dry hair...

Overall it is a keeper for me, but the real test will be how it works when I have 10-16 weeks of new growth. I am hoping that it works just as well during the last few weeks of my stretch.

I give this product a 9/10, it would be a 10, but it takes some time before it moisturizes my hair and it gives my hair a straw-like feeling at times.

5 comments

  1. I've been eyeing this product for a while but I need to put a dent in my stash first. Good review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently started using this moisturizer too. For me, the moisture lasts about 2 days. I really like it. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Uzoma. Have you tried it on lots of new growth and do you still get good results?

      Delete

Back to Top