The best of the last 7 months


The picture above summarizes almost everything I have tried + done to my hair in the last 7 months since I started my hair journey...

I started off at around shoulder length, and I am now almost at armpit length **yayy** so this has really motivated me to continue taking care of my hair without the aid of a stylist, because such good things have happened in the last 7 months that didn't happen to my hair before. Anyway my regimen has changed slightly and I wanted to make sure that I diarise it so that I can remember what has worked and what hasn't:


Daily: Moisturize (with either Hairveda @1-6 weeks post relaxer or Pura Body Naturals @6+ weeks post relaxer) and seal with shea butter. I started off sealing with a mix of oils, but my hair has since become thicker and shea butter just provides more moisture retention for my hair & for longer...

I have tried two other moisturizers (ORS moisturizing lotion & Elasta QP Mango & Olive Oil Butter). I still like Elasta QP but I found it to be abit heavy on my hair and it wasn't enough to moisturize + seal my hair. ORS wasn't moisturizing my hair to my satisfaction.

Weekly:
Pre-poo with coconut oil. This is probably the step that has not changed since I started
Shampoo with Creme of Nature Moisture & Shine Sulfate-free shampoo or Keracare Cleansing Cream. I have not had any issues with either, so this has not changed
Co-wash with Nothing but Cleansing Conditioner - Only when my hair is dry or when I am doing a mid-week wash
Deep condition. The list of DC's that I have used is endless, so far my top 3 have been Hairveda Sitrinillah, Silk Dreams VMCD & Mane 'n Tail Deep Moisturizing Conditioner (just tried this one last week and it went well)
Detangle With Kinky Curly Knot Today if necessary
Leave-ins with Herbal Essences Split End Protector & Kurlee Belle Thirsty Kurls Leave-in Conditioner . It took a while to get the suitable leave-in conditioners because I am quite scent sensitive.



Every 2-3 days: 10-15 minute scalp massage with castor oil (JBCO has given me more thickness than the white castor oil).

I have relaxed my hair twice in the past 7 months, so on average I have relaxed every 4 months.


That's it! I will do a separate post on the products I have tried, and which ones I will be keeping in my regimen... Happy hair day!

Remember to follow me on Bloglovin' by clicking on the button below:

Ready, Steady, Grow It!

2 comments

  1. I actually started to see a big difference in my hair after 7 months as well. All te best on your hhj.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tomi you're one of my hairspirations!

      Delete

Back to Top