Wash day with curlformers aka thebomb.com

Ready, Steady, Grow It!

Hi there

I used my curlformers for the first time on my last wash day and all I can say is amazingg! Here is how it went:

0.) Pre-poo'd with coconut oil and covered with my shower cap for 1 hour
1.) Shampoo'd twice with Creme of Nature Moisture & Shine Sulfate-free Shampoo
2.) Coffee-rinsed with yummy black coffee.. it's been a while since I did this step, I am hoping it will reduce the shedding that has been on the increase.


3.) Deep conditioned with Silk Dreams Vanilla Moisture Cream treatment for 1 hour under my hooded dryer
4.) Waited for my hair to cool down and rinsed the conditioner out
5.) T-shirt dried my hair for 30 minutes before applying my leave-ins sparingly and detangling each of the 6 sections (as I didn't want the product to weigh down the curls): Kurlee Belle Thirsty Kurls leave-in + OGX Anti-breakage serum
6.) Applied my new curl defining pudding by Beautiful textures to each parting before gently smoothing it out with my medium-tooth comb (in picture above) and putting a curlformer on the smoothed part. It took me about 2 hours to put all the curlformers in...mehh
7.) I had a total of 64 curlformers in my head,lol. I actually managed to sleep in them, it wasn't too comfortable but it would definitely not be possible to sleep in 64 flexi-rods, so I consoled myself with this! I will do a detailed post on how I put the curlformers in my hair, and the tips and tricks I found from youtube and hair bloggers.
8.) The results:



I really love the bounciness of the curls from the curlformers, but they are a bit more loose than the flexi-rod curls and so didn't last more than 2 days. I was even weave-checked at work when I did the curly up-do *abit annoying*!

I must also say that I looove the Beautiful textures curl defining pudding, no residue was left on my hair after it dried, and my hair was nice n soft even on day 2 with no moisturizer! The only not so nice thing is that it didn't give the best hold to my curls, but I am totally ok with that coz I would rather have smooth and soft hair than hard crunchy hair from a holding product with all the alcohols and stuff that give the hair the necessary hold.



I have had a lot of fun with my hair these past 10 weeks, now it's time to keep it under my wig (will post pics of my new wig, lovin it!). Winter is here and it rains almost everyday all day in Kenya during winter :-(

Hope you had a lovely wash day!


The Wash Day Experience

14 comments

  1. Great style. I'm yet to try curlformers tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks nice and it looks very shiny! I cannot wait to get my hand on some curlformers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamara, although they take long to install but the result is worth the work :-)

      Delete
  3. Lovely curls! Curlformers for the win. The 2 hour installation gives me heart palpitations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lungi, lol I don't know if phrase 'beauty is pain' applies in this case.

      Delete
  4. Looking gorgeous... i love your curls.

    hairlevation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great results! I have curformers on my wish list. I too love the pudding it really does moisturise well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peechy, yep curlformers r really great especially for stretching new growth!

      Delete
  6. Love how you curl former set turned out! I have yet to try them, still using Flexirods, maybe I will finally get some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keoshia! I still love my flexirods, but I think the curlformers knock them out of da park when it comes to how defined my curls look.. and plus, i don't think its possible to put in 68 flexirods in your hair at any one time :-)

      Delete
  7. I like how your hair came out with those curlformers. Your curls look so smooth and defined (and with no heat -- that's great!).

    That Defining Pudding looks very interesting, I'm going to be looking into it more. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! I'll try and do a review on the curling pudding soon, I really liked it.

      Delete

Back to Top