Wash day: 9 weeks post relaxer

I am becoming so much more efficient on my wash days. This week's wash day took 2.5 hours to do everything, I have found some tricks to shorten my wash days if I am short of time: using my steamer in my pre-poo step, and using my blow dryer on cool air setting to dry my hair in less than 15 minutes. 

Here is how this week's wash day went:


0.) Pre-poo'd with extra virgin coconut oil and then detangled (it is so much easier to detangle when the hair has some oil to help loosen it all up). I then decided to try Aunt Jackie's oh so moisturizing conditioner as a pre-poo on top of the coconut oil, and it was ok made my hair soft and I did not have to deal with the heavy scent of it for too long. Sat under my steamer for 10 minutes.





1.) Waited for my hair to cool down and applied Nothing but Cleansing Conditioner to my hair and scalp.
2.) Hopped into the shower and rinsed out the co-wash. Whatever happenned on this wash day I do not know but there was a white film of product on my scalp!!! I suspect that it's the co-wash that was just so difficult to wash out, it has never given me this problem before, or maybe I applied too much. Anyway, at this point I reached for my Creme of Nature Sulphate-free moisture & shine shampoo and applied to my scalp to remove the product buildup. Lathered once, and rinsed it out.
3.) Applied Tressemme Moisturizing Conditioner to my hair for 2 minutes and rinsed it out. By the way this conditioner is really good, it always softens my hair after a wash but I would not use it as a deep conditioner.

4.) Applied my new conditioner: Kurlee Belle (KB) Banana Avocado & Nut treatment. My order came in on Friday (with the Thirsty Kurls Leave-in Conditioner as well) , and I was really excited to try it out. This conditioner sank right into my hair to the point that some of my hair strands started clamping next to each other so I just applied more until that feeling went away. If it was not for my hair strands sticking together, I would say this is the most efficient conditioner I have used, a little does go a long way.
5.) Sat under the dryer for 30 minutes on medium heat.
6.) Waited for my hair to cool and then rinsed out the deep conditioner
7.) T-shirt dried for 15 minutes and then separated my hair into 4 parts. My hair felt really soft at this point, so I was pleased with the initial results of the KB treatment. 
8.) I then applied KB Thirsty Kurls Leave-in  and detangled my hair, as the instructions indicate that it can be used to detangle. 
9.) Sealed with my usual OGX Anti-Breakage Serum.
10.) Blow dried each section with cool air and did my tuck and roll which lasted two days.


First thoughts on KB Avocado, Banana & Nut Treatment: I like how my hair felt and it also made the coils from my new growth to pop out, but I feel that this product needs help as the softness and moisture I felt on wash day did not last longer than a day. The softness came back when I moisturized the next day and sealed with shea butter - and my hair is still soft three days later. Also I didn't like that my hair clamped together after applying the treatment at first, but I think this is not a problem that natural-hair ladies will have.

First thoughts on KB Thirsty Kurls Leave-in Conditioner: It smells like baby powder (nice) with a sharp after scent of aloe (not so nice). It made my hair soft and fuller than usual which is awesome.

Hope you had a good wash day! Did you try any new products? Join the wash day experience by adding your washday link to savingourstrands.com!


Ready, Steady, Grow It!

The Wash Day Experience

2 comments

  1. Your KB newbies sound like winners! I can't wait to read your full reviews.

    Sometimes I get a little build up on my scalp when I co-wash but don't rinse the conditioner well enough. It's nothing that a more thorough rinse session can't handle!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the great tip KLP! Definitely going to make sure I be more thorough in rinsing my hair

      Delete

Back to Top