2015 Hair goals: Where am I?

One thing that this hair journey has helped me with, is the discipline of planning ahead and reviewing my goals before the end date that I have set to complete them.

I have really learnt so much over the past few months, and my goals would probably have been different if I knew what I know now. But anyway, I still need to evaluate myself:

I have decided to set goals that may be abit of a stretch but I know that I can do it! So here are my 2015 commitments to my hair:

Hair Goal #1. I will put health before length this year. I aim to have thick, healthy texlaxed hair with healthy ends.
Progress: Achieved. Definitely, my hair has become thicker than where it was at the beginning of the year. I still have about 3 inches of thin ends which I plan to get rid of gradually, 1 inch at a time.



Hair goal #2. Ultimately my 2015 hair goal is to reach full bra strap length. I am currently 2 inches above armpit length. Therefore I need to grow and retain 6 inches of hair. I am fully on line 2 on my length check t-shirt, so I need to reach line 7.
Progress: Not achieved. You may be as confused as I am after reading this. But the bottom line is, I am fully on line number 3 now, and grazing armpit length. Realistically speaking, I will not get to bra-strap length this year but I am hoping for full APL and a few inches.

   

Hair Goal #3. I will deep condition my hair every week, unless I am in a long-term protective style, in which case I will deep condition every second week.
Progress: Achieved!



Hair Goal #4. I will try to stretch my relaxers for as long as I can (not more than 20 weeks) I will have a maximum of 4 relaxers this year.
Progress: Achieved. I have one relaxer to go for the year, making it 3 relaxers this year.

Hair Goal #5. I will use the inversion method once a month with castor oil.
Progress: I only missed August so far, so I will say Achieved... See journey to waist length's youtube video on what this is all about.

Hair Goal #6. I will do scalp massages three times a week, alternating between Doo Gro oil and Wild growth oil each month.
Progress: Achieved, but mostly with Jamaican Black Castor Oil. I hated the scent of Wild Growth Oil so I am looking to give it to someone, and the Doo Gro Oil was too light in consistency for my liking.

Hair Goal #7. I will participate in at least 1 healthy hair challenge each month.
Progress: Achieved. I have been on the 2015 Change your hair challenge by Ms Kibibi, Hairlista Castor Oil Challenge & more recently the 30-day protective style challenge by Jen&Jay


source: Hairlista.com, justgrowalready.com





Hair Goal #8. I will drink at least 1 litre water a day.
Progress: Not consistent. When I drink water, I drink about 1.5 litres a day, but when I forget to drink water, I don't drink much at all. 

Hair Goal #9. I will take my Groganics hair vitamins consistently every month.
Progress: Partly achieved. I ran out of supplies in March. Started taking Mane Choice Vitamins which was a disaster for my face. I am back on Groganics since August.

Hair Goal #10. I will update my blog by adding at least 1 post each week.
Progress: Partly achieved, I missed a few weeks in August (holiday time) and May (exam time).

Soo I have achieved 5 out of 10 goals to date.. I have 4 more months to get some progress on the other 5.... It's time to work extra hard now!


What are your 2015 hair goals?? How do you track your progress?

12 comments

  1. I've been off the goal grid because I was failing miserably. I notice that it helped even if I achieved just one so I'm reconsidering it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean... But sometimes we just need a reality check to help us stay focused :-) and yes one achievement means you are way better than where you started when you wrote down your goals!

      Delete
  2. Great progress Becca! you should be proud of achieving most of your goals. And all the best for APL and beyond by year end :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your goals looks attainable. I try not to be too strict on setting goals and just take it one step at a time. I do hope to be fully BSL by year end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your hair goals and how you've been able to achieve most of them. Success to your remaining goals. I'd like to try out that Wild Growth Hair Oil. it's been on my wishlist for a while now.
    Regards,
    Virginia Njau
    Nairobi, Kenya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Virginia! I see you are a fellow nairobian :-) i think i have a full bottle that i have not used so if you would like to get it from me at a discounted price please let me know :-)

      Delete
    2. Hey, my apologies for the super-late reply. I actually thought you were giving away a used bottle (I wouldn't have minded). I'm a little pocket-tight right now, therefore I won't afford to purchase it. Thanks for the offer....you are so kind! Loving your progress. It's really inspiring (^_^)

      Delete
  5. Hi Becca,

    Amazing hair goals, and i totally agree, Health before length!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You seem to be making excellent progress. Did groganics affect your skin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Uzo! Actually, my face always looks better when I'm on Groganics I've never had any skin issues with it :-)

      Delete

Back to Top