Wash day in Marley Twists

My hair has been in marley twists for 3 and a half weeks now. This was my first proper wash since installing them. I did dry shampoos the last two weeks to keep my scalp clean.

Steps:

0.) Spritz'd my scalp with diluted Mega Growth Shampoo. Massaged my scalp to create lather.
1.) Spritz'd the length of my hair with the shampoo and then hopped into the shower to rinse the shampoo out. See video below:




2.) I did a second shampoo with Crème of Nature Moisture & Shine Sulfate-free shampoo; just to make sure that all the dirt was out and also to restore some moisture. This shampoo is really good at softening the hair after using a sulfate shampoo.
3.) Towel dried for a few minutes and then sprayed my braids (up until the end of the braid where my hair ends) with a diluted mixture of deep conditioners.

 
4.) Sat under my hooded dryer for 20 minutes, and then rinsed out the conditioner from my braids
5.) T-shirt dried my braids to prevent frizz, for about 2 hours. YES they take that long to get anywhere near dry.
6.) Sprayed my braids with Crème of Nature 2-in-1 leave-in conditioner. I love this stuff - it's easy to find in Kenya and works well on my hair mostly when it is in a protective style.


7.) I redid some of my braids, and then rocked this style the next day to work.

 
Hope you had a great wash day! Share your wash day experience with KLP & Jen on savingourstrands.com or justgrowalready.com
 
The Wash Day Experience

9 comments

  1. That's a super cute style! Can you show us how you did it?

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KLP I'll try and do a pictorial in the next Washday!

      Delete
  2. I recently bought the Creme of Nature lleave in, i hope i like it, like you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too Tomi! I use it as a moisturiser as well...

      Delete
  3. Wash days in braids are such a breeze no detangling etc lol. I cosign on that CON leave in good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I don't miss normal wash days! These braids are really convenient

      Delete
  4. Love your hairstyle dear! I nominated you for the versatile blogger award do check it out. Thanks!
    http://juditheresehaircare.blogspot.com/2015/10/2nd-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top