More about my Marley Twists & Regimen

Hi there!

I just wanted to share more a bit about my protective style plan. As you may know I installed marley twists a week ago, and I totally enjoyed the experience using marley braids. But..... it took me about 12 hours in total to finish these braids... YES 12 hours, unlike the braiding ninja's I see on youtube who take less than half this time. Anyway, it will be a challenge for me the next time to be faster. But still I am glad that I didn't have to get a stylist to touch my hair, I am yet to find someone I can trust...


This type of hair is kinky so it makes the twisting process super easy. Once you twist that's it, the chances of the braid unravelling are like 0%!

However, the braids are on the pricey side so I think they are meant to be reused a few times in order to get your full money's worth. I got my braids from a hair store in town (check Kenya's Natural Hair Community Facebook page for details) at around 800 KES ($ 8) per packet. The name of the braids that I bought are called "Gina Collection".


I am on a very simple regimen for the next 6 weeks. I plan to dry cleanse my scalp every week and wash my braids properly every 2-3 weeks.

I really do not want an elaborate regimen as I am quite busy with life and work right now. Here are the products I will be using for the next few weeks:



 
How do you take care of your hair when in a long-term protective style?

4 comments

  1. Great solid plan Becca. You'll get better with timing as you get more practice, at least you have complete control of your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12 hours! That is dedication! I can fix a loose braid but yet to attempt my entire head...maybe I will one day if stuck in Mongolia or some place like that with no braid experts around lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOLOL I am yet to find someone I can trust. So right now I consider myself somewhere in Mongolia like you have rightly said!

      Delete

Back to Top