Wash day

1. Pre-poo'd with my mix of coconut oil, almond oil, EVOO, 

2. Applied my L'oreal Total Repair (5) conditioner 15 minutes before entering the shower

3. Shampoo'd with Keracare Hydrating Sulphate-free Shampoo, "lathered" twice (note that this shampoo does not produce lather, but my hair felt clean after two applications)

4. Black coffee rinsed by pouring it over my head about 4 times, waited until it stopped dripping from my hair and then rinsed it off

5. Deep conditioned with mix of Dr Miracles Follicle Hair Repair, Olive Oil (1 tbsp), and Elasta QP DPR-11 remoisturizing conditioner. I could definitely feel the "feel-it formula" from the DR Miracles conditioner, but I think it was abit strong for my hair, coz it left it abit hard even when I mixed with some Olive Oil (there is some protein in this DC, which is why I mixed it with the Elasta QP conditioner). Used the plastic bag method (with a warm facecloth on top of a shower cap on my head to generate more heat) and kept the DC in my hair for about 1 hour.

6. Rinsed and t-shirt dried for 45 minutes

7. Applied my leave ins: Dr Miracles Intensive Spot Serum, Creme of Nature Argan Oil Moisture Mist, Mizani D'tangle Milk (to my roots only), Cantu Shea butter leave-in conditioning cream (see my recent review on this).

8. Since it was evening I left my hair to air-dry under my silk scarf. The next day, my hair was really dry, especially my ends so I moisturised with my Elasta QP Mango Butter & Olive Oil moisturizer. It's either the DC or the Cantu Shea butter that made my hair to dry out like this (hence I have to try them again separately to know for sure as to which is the culprit!).

All in all, it was an ok wash day, I already have visible growth, but that is more because my hair was seriously underprocessed, considering using Mizani Butter Blend HG relaxer on my next relaxer day.

Happy HHJ!

P.S Tomorrow is my next wash day, DC'ng with my new Africa's Best Tea Tree Cholesterol Treatment. I will do a review on it probably in a month's time after I have used it at least twice...

No comments

Back to Top