Wash day

Happy new year in advance everyone!

It's been so hectic haven't had time to update my blog. But now it's back to business... I'll be putting up a post on my 2015 goals, and revisiting it every quarter...

Had my last wash day of 2014, and it didn't go too well.

I did the usual:

1. Pre-poo overnight with Grapeseed oil 
2. Washed with CON moisturising shampoo
3. Black tea-rinsed (mix of peppermint, rooibos and green tea): this is how my hair became so hard and matted! And silly me I only started looming for solutions after i drenched my hair in the tea 
4. DC with Africa's Best tea tree oil Cholesterol treatment. Used the plastic bag method and kept the DC in for 1 hour. I Didn't really like this DC, but I'll give it another 2 tries before putting up a review on it.
5. Rinsed and ACV rinsed as my scalp was quite itchy
6. T-shirt dried for 30 mins and applied my leave-ins: Cantu Shea butter leave-in, Elasta QP H2 leave-in, and sealed with my oil mix.

I am definitely not drenching my hair with black tea or coffee again. I felt like all the hard work with doing an overnight pre-poo to soften and moisturise my hair went to nothing. Also it caused serious shedding and breakage because my hair matted a lot, which is very ironic, given that it is supposed to reduceshedding! 

I will be putting the tea in a spray bottle and spraying only my roots. I also plan to apply conditioner before rinsing the tea out so that minimal tangles are created. 

Sorry no pics today, will make up for it in the next few posts..






No comments

Back to Top