5-minute Hairstyles when I am on the go

I have a bad habit of taking a (very) long time to get ready and prepped in the morning, and it is one of my resolutions for this year to be faster in the mornings. 

Because time is almost always not on my side, I do not have enough time to do a hairstyle to the perfection that I would like. But I still want to do a style that makes me feel good and look different from the previous day. Here are some of the styles  I have tried over the past few weeks. Each of these styles takes a maximum of 10 minutes to do.


1.) Bun: Cross-wrap your hair at night so that you have smooth strands the next day to get a neat bun. Use pins to secure your hair and more pins to swirl your hair around. Make sure that your strands are not bent as you swirl your hair around (to prevent your hair from becoming weak and eventually breaking)

2.) Braid-out: Braid your hair into 6-8 plaits the night before, using a little bit of water and a curl enhancer (I use Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie). You can do single braids or flat braids, but flat braids give me better definition.

[Side-note]: My bun is much fuller than it was last year this time, I hated buns because of how tiny they were when I first started my journey. I am loving buns a lot of late.

3.) The old Faux-bob: Divide your hair into two (top and bottom half). Take an inch of your side bangs on each side of your hair, and criss cross them around the top half of your hair, using pins to secure the crossing. Fold the bottom half of your hair on top of the criss-crossed bangs. You can also do a braid on the bottom half of your hair and then fold it on top of the bangs, to get a different effect. Use a bun or a nice clip to cover the pins that you have used, and to make it look more interesting than a normal faux-bun


Any other 5-10 minute hairstyles that you do? 

10 comments

  1. I love number 3 is nice and elegant.

    https://lauralivll.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually do a roll, tuck and pin. It seems to be my go-to these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one style I would like to try. Thanks for stopping by Uzoma!

      Delete
  3. I live for buns! Love the definition of your braid out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tomi, I hated buns because of how small my bun would be. Now that I have more texlaxed hair, the bun is not looking malnourished lol, it is very convenient to just put your hair up in a bun

      Delete
  4. I like them all!! Number 3 is my fave. Your bun is everything!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top