New Buys: February 2016

I can't believe that I did not buy one single hair product in the month of January except for my crochet braids which I would not really consider to be a product as such.

This month, I had to replace a few items, and I was very disciplined in doing so.

Here's what I got in my basket for the month:

1. Parnevu Hair Mayonnaise (replacement): I used ORS Hair Mayo for the last few medium-protein treatments that I have done. I did not find it particularly useful for this purpose, so I am going back to what I used before I started on my hair journey.




2. Shea Butter (replacement): This Shea butter has been imported from Uganda. I have used it before, and I liked the texture and smoothness of this brand. It melts easily in the hands as well...




3. Jamaican Mango & Lime Pure Naturals Conditioning Mist (new): I have been on the lookout for a good moisturizing mist, especially for the times when my hair is in a long-term protective style. I read the ingredients on the list and it seemed to be a good product. All natural, no parabens, sulphates, etc. It smells amazing too!

4. Crochet needle (new): Since my last crochet fail, which cost me a lot, I have become determined to learn how install crochet braids. It will be a big saving if I can pull this off.





That's it for my January & February purchases..ION my stash has been reducing steadily, and I hope to do a stock-take soon to show you the progress that I have made so far... 


How many products did you buy in the month of January?

11 comments

  1. The only hair stuff I bought this February were Bee Mine juicy spray AND Obia Naturals leave-in mist. Can't recall if I bought any hair stuff in January. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Foamskee, how is the Bee Mine spray treating you so far?

      Delete
  2. I think that you'll be a master at crochet braids in NO TIME! My cousin DIY's her's and I'm in LUST everytime that I see her!

    Congrats on your no buy for January!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KLP! I think I will be getting the cornrows done at a salon, and then installing the braids. I have tried a few, it's harder than it looks...

      Delete
  3. I use that exact shea butter! Where did you buy your crotchet latch hook from? Jana I did my friend's hair full head crotchet braids for the first time came out well and I used a regular crotchet but some ladies now want me to do theirs as well now so I may as well get the latch hook one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very gifted, how did you learn? I got the crochet needle at Sasa Mall on Moi Avenue - just before MKU Towers. There are two cosmetic shops on first floor where you can find it, btw everything they have there is cheaper than the same product at Super Cosmetics.

      Delete
    2. The needle was going for 350 I think.

      Delete
    3. That is a great price will pop to Sasa Mall! Someone was trying to sell me one for 750 imagine that! I learned by doing the wigs I was making last year remember that post?

      Delete
    4. Waaa si you would have bought two with 750... And I'm sure they are even cheaper on river road lakini it's a lot of work walking on river road.

      Delete
  4. The only thing I bought for January - February was Brownchild shampoo and conditioner.

    https://lauralivll.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice Lebo! Looking forward to your review on it, I've never heard of Brownchild products before...

      Delete

Back to Top